Halcyon is committed to safety and effectiveness in our supplements. This is why we use only nutrients that are compliant with regulatory standards and are demonstrated through rigorous research to safely support cognition and mood.
We analyze the latest scientific data to ensure we are creating the absolute safest and best formulations in the world. We do this by compounding our flagship formulas with ingredients tested through rigorous clinical trial analysis with top academic institutions.
This ensures that our formulas provide the best possible outcomes for long-term cognitive performance. We also believe in educating our customers about cognitive enhancement. To this end, you will find detailed information and direct links to studies on all of our compounds below.
- Theacrine supports wakefulness and various dimensions of cognition. Effects include improved memory, attention, and motivation.
- The available evidence suggests it is synthesized from caffeine in certain plants, and evidence suggests that it activates similar signaling pathways.
- There appears to be no evidence of a diminishing response to successive doses of theacrine, meaning theacrine maintains its effectiveness without increasing the dose over time.
- Theacrine has pain reducing and anti-stress properties that caffeine does not.
- α-GPC has been shown to promote long term brain health as well as attention and memory.
- L-Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine (α-GPC) is a natural choline compound made up of choline and glycerophosphate.α-GPC rapidly delivers choline across the blood–brain barrier and is a precursor of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which is associated with memory and learning.
- α-GPC is readily absorbed through oral intake to form free choline. It is able to increase both dopamine and serotonin concentrations in the frontal cortex and cerebellum.
- α-GPC is approved as a dietary supplement component under provisions of the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994.
- Rhodiola rosea has been used in traditional eastern medical practices for centuries.
- This ancient adaptogen has long been used to improve mood and endurance.
- Rhodiola rosea supplementation has been shown to protect against the negative effects of stress on cognitive function.
- Shown in several studies to reduce fatigue, anxiety, and improve mood.
- In a 2017 study, healthy people who consumed Anthocyanin every day for 12 weeks showed improvements in cognitive function, blood flow to the brain, and activation of the brain while carrying out cognitive tests.
- Anthocyanin is cited as enhancing neuron growth by increasing blood flow to the brain.
- Anthocyanin is a potent antioxidant that has been shown to have particularly positive effects on brain health.
- Huperzine A is a naturally derived nootropic alkaloid compound extracted from Chinese club moss.
- Chinese club moss has been used for centuries in China as a component in traditional medicine.
- The extract has been prescribed for treating Alzheimer's Disease in clinical practice for over thirty years in China. In the USA, Huperzine A is a nutritional supplement for enhancing memory.
- Several studies indicate its ability to support learning, memory, neuroplasticity, and executive function.
- Huperzine A is a reversible acetylcholinesterase (AChE) inhibitor, which means it prevents the breakdown of acetylcholine, boosts memory, and supports long term brain health.